best design colleges in bangalore
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Bangalore campus was established in 1986 in Bangalore, Karnataka.
NIFT is known for offering its flagship programs in Fashion Technology and Design viz. B.Des, B.F.Tech at undergraduate level and MFM, M.F.Tech and M.Des at postgraduate level.
- NIFT Bangalore conducts both online and offline application process.
- For admission in B.Des, candidates must have passed 10+2 in any stream from a recognised Board or a 3-year diploma authorized by AICTE.
- Selection of candidates in B.Des is based on the score in CAT (Creative Ability Test) and GAT, followed by a Situation Test conducted by NIFT itself.
- For B.F.Tech, candidates must have passed 10+2 in PCM from any recognised Board/ 3-year diploma in any branch of engineering.
- Selection in B.F.Tech is on the basis of score in written examination of GAT (General Ability Test) and CAT.
- For MFM and M.Des, candidates must possess any graduate degree or a 3-year UG Diploma in relevant subjects from NIFT/ NID.
- Admission for M.F.Tech requires candidates to have obtained a B.F.Tech from NIFT/ BE/ B.Tech from any recognised Institution/ University.
- The selection criterion for M.Des and M.F.Tech is based on the score of CAT and GAT (General Ability Test).
- However, for MFM, candidates need to have valid score in GAT only, which is followed by a GD and PI rounds.
- The institute also provides placement facilities to successfully graduated candidates.
- Leading Retail and Brand companies participate in placements process giving average package of around 4 to 5 lakhs.
NIFT, Bangalore offers 5 courses in B.Des and one in B.F.Tech. Candidates who wish to take admission in any of these Fashion UG courses must have passed 10+2 examination in relevant subjects/ minimum 3-year Diploma in relevant branch/ SSSE from National Open School in relevant subjects/ GCE Examination from London/ Cambridge/ Sri-Lanka in Advanced (A) level/ IB.